Keeping your emails sorted and organized can be quite a task with different email services. However, same is not the case with Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail not only comes with an inbuilt filter for sorting and organizing incoming emails automatically but it also offers the feature to sort and organize emails as per your preference using filter option.
With Yahoo Mail filter option, you can get access to all your emails in your Yahoo Mail easily and quickly. Yahoo Mail Filter allows you to sort and organize all your emails in relevant folders the way you wish to. For example, you can set up a separate folder for your personal and professional emails. Moreover, Yahoo Mail allows you to create up to 1000 filters that are for sure more than sufficient to keep your Yahoo Mail account organized. To know how to keep your Yahoo Mail account organized using Filter, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps On How To Organize Yahoo Mail
Whether you wish to separate your personal and professional emails or want to keep your inbox free from advertising emails, you can do this easily by creating a filter. Here are the steps to create a filter in your Yahoo Mail account.
1.) Organize Yahoo Mail By Creating Filters
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account using your Yahoo Mail username and password.
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo Mail account, click on the Gear icon located on the upper-right corner of your Yahoo Mail account’s screen. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings This will open a Settings window.
- Under Settings window, you will need to click on the Filters option located left-hand side panel. You will see an option on the right-hand side section for creating, editing, and removing
- Now, to create a new filter, you will need to click on the Add Clicking on the Add button will open a “Add a new filter” window on your screen.
- In this window, you will need to start by entering a suitable title for the new filter under Filter Name
- Next, you will need to complete the filter criteria as per your preference under the section where it says “If an incoming message meets all of these conditions”. You will need to select appropriate options for your relevant filters under options which include From, To/CC, Subject, and Body.
NOTE: Make sure to select Match Case option for your desired criteria located next to the above-mentioned options.
- After making the changes in the section – “If an incoming message meets all of these conditions”, you will need to select the appropriate folder from the list to move the emails that could get filtered under this filter. For this, simply select the desired folder from the list under the section – “Then move the message to this folder”.
NOTE: You can select the [New Folder] option in order to move your filtered emails into a new folder instead of default ones.
- Once you are done making the desired settings in the “Add a new filter” box, simply click on the Save button located on the bottom-left corner to create the folder. And once you are directed back to the Settings box, you will need to again click on the Save button to get back to your Yahoo Mail mailbox page.
- Similarly, you can create multiple filters for your different set of incoming emails.