By default, we block access to Yahoo Mail from outdated apps that could leave your account vulnerable. If we sent you an email indicating that your app is using outdated security protocols or you’re unable to log in from an older app, you still have several options available to you.
Secure options to access Yahoo Mail
- Use the Yahoo Mail website: https://mail.yahoo.com.
- Install the Yahoo Mail app on your Android or iOS devices.
- Update or upgrade to the latest version of the third-party email app that you’re trying to use.
Give temporary access to outdated third-party apps
While you switch apps or update your app, you can give the old app temporary access. Just remember, this is not intended for permanent access and you’ll want to turn it off afterwards.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Go to your “Account security” settings.
- Turn on Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
Once the feature is turned on, you’ll get regular alerts reminding you to turn it off. To do so, just follow the steps above and turn off “Allow apps that use less secure sign in.” or contact yahoo support.