Staying signed in to your Yahoo account creates quick, convenient access to all your favorite Yahoo services. Your account’s default setting is set to “Keep me signed in” for 2 weeks, unless you sign out. However, there are some circumstances when you’ll be prompted to sign in again.
Issues with your cookies can sign you out
- The browser is clearing cookies – reset the browser to accept cookies from Yahoo.
- The cookie file is corrupted – clear out the cookie file on your desktop or mobile device.
- You cleared cookies manually – If the settings weren’t changed, once you sign in, you’ll stay signed in.
- A security software is clearing cookies – disable the program and change its settings to stay signed in.
Other causes that can sign you out
- You’ve accidentally clicked Sign Out.
- You’re using a new browser from your previous sign in.
- You’re on the Account security page – Yahoo requires a password to access sensitive info.
- Account Key is enabled for extra security – You’ll need to accept a notification each time you sign in.
- You’re switching to another Yahoo account – You can change your settings to sign in to multiple accounts.